Wednesday 3 July 2013

Homecomings

Today my best friend welcomes home her husband from an 8 month deployment and I couldn't be happier for them. Not only is it amazing timing for 4th of July weekend but they have a precious little girl who has grown so much so it is time for him to be home and witness it all : ) I literally have been close to tears all day thinking about it and I know that part of the emotions are excitement for her but honestly part of it is that it just rears all my past feelings. It brings me back to the night I waited on a parade field at 2am for my hubby to come home after 12 months. It just takes one second to remember the excitement, the nerves, the fear. It may have been 2.5 years ago but I can still remember it like it was yesterday and thinking about it can still reduce me to tears. I am praying for all of the families who are going through separation and deployments on this 4th of July xoxo

2 comments:

  1. How wonderful!!! So happy he is home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy for your friend! I remember Madison's adorable welcome home outfit for Mr. Soldier haha!

    ReplyDelete